Monday 23 August 2010

Its been ages

In fact its been about 2 ages!!
I was so inspired by emmeloucreates.blogspot.com. Her work and her blog is fabulous. I decided to get off my behind and start blogging again.

Far too many amazing things have happened in the last 2 years to go into in one sitting. This is just one of them.

I was encouraged by my course tutors to submit work to a competition to have work hung in the foyer of the new Pool Innovation Center in Camborne for a year plus a cash prize.

I decided to work from this page of my sketchbbok.


I became interested in knitted textiles during the second term of my degree and having recently re-learned to knit I spent a lot of time playing around with it, here you see some photocopied, torn and collaged.


This is the sketch I submitted and it was chosen. Hooray!!!

I knew I wanted it to be in textile and I wanted to use my new favorite process, image transfer.







All the work chosen looks awesome in the frames, the one to the right of mine is a beautiful embroidery by June Trezise, bottom left is self portrait in oil by Francesca Smith the bottom is by Cathy Ross.
June and I were the only of the artists that were able to make it to the Grand Opening Ceremony.


Here we are meeting the Duke of Kent who officially opened the building.


I am officially an exhibitiing artist!!!!

Lots of Love
Christina xxx










































































No comments: