Monday 23 June 2008

Kiss me quick seaside traditions II

Here, finally, is the second half of the work I did for my NCFE textile course brief.

I chose Kiss Me Quick Seaside Traditions.

I couldn't decide between the lovely retro caravan image that I love so much and the Big Wheel which is a classic of the seaside and seems to be a very popular image lately. I have done a little market re-search and found the big wheel used in all sorts of items.



This was my first idea. Its a Wristlet/Purse Caravan in hand made felt with cut out windows, lovely stripy lining and a zip close.





I decided in the end that the Big Wheel was the stronger image. So here is my black velvet change purse with red satin lining and a delicate and quite spidery (in a good way) Big Wheel
free hand machine embroidered on the front.

No comments: