Thursday 16 September 2010

A whole day to myself

Yesterday I packed up my sketchbook and a small snack and took off by myself for the day. No plan. It was lovely.

I started with a quick stop to sketch of one of the old mine workings that dot the Cornish landscape and then took myself over Roughtor to the top of Brown Willy and back, it was so windy at the top I could have been blown off. I stopped there for a quick sketch and to eat my snack, then back to the car and off to one of my favorite beaches, Crackington Haven where I had a proper lunch and long walk on the beach.
I have never been a great photo taker and that day was no exception but here are the few I took and a few of the sketches I did as well.

I enjoyed the day so much I am going to try to incorporate a regular day to myself in my life.





Love Christina xx

6 comments:

John Winchurch said...

Great day to be out. We were at Bedruthan Steps in the sunshine

Romeria said...

Ahh Bedruthan Steps. I will go there for my next day out I thinkI have never been

Anonymous said...

great sketches.
You will have to show me some places to visit soon, read about Roughtor online but don't know what other places are around. Oh and how do you pronounce Roughtor, I heard someone say row-tor and wondered if that's how you say Roughtor?
Anyhoo, glad you had a good day to yourself x

Romeria said...

Rebecca I would love to show you some of the north cornwall beauty spots, there are a lot.
Roughtor is pronounced "row" to rhyme with "cow" and then "ter" rather than "tor".

Anonymous said...

thanks for that Tina, it had to be pronounced as Cornish as possible I suppose!

Getting excited about our move to that end of Cornwall ...

Anonymous said...

Good you got some time to yourself and that you're making a plan for regular days just for you. Good sketches too especially with the kind of wind you usually experience at RoughTor.